The Watson Way
We sat out to design a boutique law firm from top to bottom that keeps the consumer of legal services in mind at every stage of our legal engagements. We asked ourselves: If we were clients seeking to obtain legal counsel, what best practices would we want our own attorneys to have? These best practices became our firm’s core values. We practice law differently; we practice law The Watson Way.
- We follow the Sundown Rule, religiously. Simply put, no matter how late in the
business day our clients or prospective clients contact us, we respond.
- We provide budgets for our legal services. In every engagement, we outline all
estimated costs and fees for our services, to help our clients better understand the financial
commitment it will take to resolve their issues.
- We clearly define our engagements. Our engagement letters are very detailed,
and they fully describe exactly what the firm will and will not do for our clients.
- We learn our clients’ businesses, inside out. We would be remiss if we
attempted to provide legal advice to our clients without fully understanding both their business
and business objectives; therefore, we take it upon ourselves to learn our clients’ businesses
in order to put their legal needs into perspective.
- We listen to our clients’ preferences. Our clients tell us how they want to
receive our communications. If they prefer email, we encrypt our messages. If they prefer
telephone, we call. If they prefer live meetings, we arrange those. We are service oriented.
- We fully embrace technology. We recognize that the practice law, like all
industries, continually evolves. When innovation moves the world, our firm moves with it. We use
the most current legal software and apps to seamlessly manage our practice.
- We collaborate. We designed our own case management platform to keep our
clients connected to the progress of their legal matters, in real time.